4.1K views
2.1

I signed up for Lexington Law repair services in March 13th. They charged me initially $120 to start the case. I changed my mind and cancelled within that first month. Nothing was taken out of my account the following month on April 13th. So, I assumed everything was over with and finished.

On yesterday, May 13th, $99.95 was taken from my bank account from Lexington Law. I called and explained that I cancelled a few weeks after starting service. The "paralegal" said that the payment that was pulled from my bank account was the final payment for services rendered.

There were no changes to my credit report or anything.

They should at least disclose upfront that there will be a final charge for cancelling the service because that's exactly what it is.

Crooks. lol. They made a quick $220 off me for nothing. Lesson learned.

These people are the Three Card Monte of the credit repair world.

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $100. gregthesocialite is overall dissatisfied with Lexington Law. The most disappointing about lexington law credit repair at Lexington Law was unauthorized charges, not recieving services paid for and bait and switch Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Lexington Law.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Lawyers and Legal Services category for more informed decision or compare Lexington Law to other companies on our site.

Comments

Lexington Law SUCKS. They want me too pay too cancel.

We are not happy with their services.

Never heard any information about our credit scores. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lexington Law are liars, bullies, and manipulators. They tell you, you can cancel for any reason, at any time but must be within 3 days of your billing cycle so you are not billed.

My billing date was May 19th. I started canceling my service 11 days, before my 3 day cancel bill date of 19th. I sent one email a day to my caseworker, who normally answers me right back either through email or through "my profile" chart. But every day I sent an email asking that they stop immediately what they were doing, close my account and remove my bank card (you can not change or delete your bank card.

Only they hold it hostage) after 7 days of writing emails through AOL and "my profile", I still had not heard anything back from them, I called my bank and they suggest I cancel my bank card which I did. I continued to send "cancel my membership " emails until #10 got someone attention (probably because I mentioned bank closed card and if any charges show up on my account, they will turn it over to the fraud department) and phone calls, voice mails were coming in. This company has brought on extra stress to me and more work when all they had to do was close my case, delete my card and leave me alone. A lawsuit is what I wished I could file.

Don't buy their "we reviewed your case and have reached out to you..." Really? Where were you for the 11 days I was trying to cancel my membership? Why didn't someone get back to me within those 11 days? Why did you wait until after the 19th billing date to contact me?

why? Where was my help I was asking for day in and day out? I saved every email, everything, regarding trying to close my account even my chat with the bank regarding it.

I have plenty of proof and plenty of proof that shows I canceled WAY before the 3 days. It shows you did not and refused.

I canceled my account 6 days after making it and they were no problems. All a sudden I see that they are trying withdraw 129.99 out of my account.

I called to find out why and NOW all a sudden if cancel after the 5th day, your are charged for that whole month for services. Whatttt?!?? Today was their fourth time trying to withdraw 129.99.

Haaa! FOH their a damn scam!

Lexington scam firm. I cancelled my acount the 9th of Feb.

They took 129.95 on the 27th and another 19.95 on the 28th. Won't answer emails or phone calls.

I'm a widow of a veteran. Real Americans you are not.

Aurora, Colorado, United States #1324947

What the *** ?hey ! Do you want me to close your business

to Duk guragai #1393986

Curious how you cancelled the service. I can't figure out the cancellation process at all.

leefl609
Cape Coral, Florida, United States #1177328

Wow. I signed, talked to a few people, gave them my info.

Basically, they gave me what I already knew.

I couldn't afford this, if I could I would have paid the doctor, hospital bills!

I cancelled before the first week is out.

Hope they don't try to charge me any more.

to leefl609 #1411040

I was trying to get a loan cause I was in a car accident and it was totaled. I've been in and out of the hospital so I haven't been able to work.

The loan company connected me with Lexington Law. She and I talked about my situation and she knew that I could not afford even the 15.00 right then but I did. She never said anything about the $129.00 that would be taken out of my account. I've had two surgeries and have two more to go so my mind is not all here right now.

She knew all this and took full advantage of me. When I called them to ask why they had taken it out of my account they said I agreed to it. Ok if I had money why would I be trying to get a loan. All the money they took out I could've paid off some of my debt myself.

Why did they charge me that much when they could've only charged 24.99 or 59.00. I never agreed to the 129.00 but they won't even refund some of it. If it was just me it would be ok but I have 2 children to feed and they took all I had left in my account plus caused it to bounce.

I think it's another one of these scams. If they have been in business so long and are so great then 129.00 shouldn't matter to them at all.